Thursday, August 28, 2008

ohweeee. Motown TIME!

**please don't forget to turn off the music on the bottom of this page before listening to the videos below:) 
Here is something that I just discovered and i think it is magical.
I LA LA LA LOVE Marvin Gaye. Look at those stunnaz! He definitely one of the 1st, a trailblazer. I think he sings the National Anthem soo well because its the same octave as that one note in Sexual healing...you know when he goes, BAAAAAAAAAAABYYYYYYY! I can't take it much longer... HAHAHAHA Yay! Marvin Gaye! 






Here is another video I absolutely adore. I heard Nina Simone sing "Backlash Blues" for the 1st time about a year ago. I was watching her performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival. I was taken aback by how radical her performance was. She sang about the same bullshit of today and it was eerie to see history repeating itself. The video isn't from Montreux I can't find that anywhere! It was on comcast last time...its incredible what kind of stuff they put on comcast. 




on another note. check out jazmine sullivan. She is a new artist that is dabbling into a little bit of that ol skool sound, I think it has the warmth that a lot of modern music lacks. Enjoy:)

No comments: