Wednesday, August 20, 2008

***so this is late


I don't know why its taken me this long to post this... So about 2 months ago i found out my entries into a contest called make history --an international contest...won! and today i found out another one was accepted as an entry so 5 of my photos have been selected. i'm elated. and I really hope you will all be able to see it published in many different international magazines.i'm happy to show my work in an honest way. sometimes i find it hard to categorize my photography but this contest seemed significant. I want people to know the sense of urgency in my work. its not just cause it looks good. there are real stories behind them. and hopefully stories that will mark this turbulent time we are in. Just like in that movie 1 giant leap. we are bombarded with a lot of imagery in today's society...mc donalds. nike. michael jordon...fuckin sean puffy combs *bastard 
"so I'm in the business of showing other dominate cultural images as well. and saying hey. let's not forget about these things because they are who WE are."
yayayaya. lately in my journey i've found that truth is what I need.
can i get an amen? :)
but seriously..



No comments: