Thursday, February 28, 2008

Polaroids are the root of my love of Photography




Polaroids mean more to me as a photographer than anything else. 
Polaroids are the memories and stories of how my family was growing up. Hiding in my Mom's closet, I would go through her boxes of polaroids and would revel in all the beautiful pictures of her and my family back home. I found out that my Mom was a teacher in Hawaii and that was one of her first jobs in America. I learned through these photographs that she is a pioneer teacher for the Bilingual program in Hawaii.**which now is a huge program that adds to the colorful quilt that is Hawaii. 
Polaroids mean a lot to me because I also learned through these incredible pictures what the world was like through my parents eyes of when they first made their big move to America.
So it saddens me deeply that Polaroid will be discontinuing the production of instant film. I always have though of polaroids as the first "digital camera." 
You get an instant shot. or what i like to call "instalove" 
Whoever is reading this. please keep this legacy alive.

above are some of my favorite findings of mine. the first ofe is of Jojo when she was a baby. oooh the bowl cut<3
the second one is Waikiki where my Dad used to work when he first came to Hawaii.
and the last one is of my dad. aint
he pimpin! How can we no longer have polaroids!:( its like taking a huge part of history away.


save polaroid

1 comment:

Sean Tubridy said...

Would you consider adding the photo of you and your nice story to our Save Polaroid flickr group?
www.flickr.com/groups/savepolaroid